This Policy does not replace other applicable policies, practices, and privacy notices that may relate to specific business relationships you have with Society Insurance, including our Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement governs how we collect, use, and disclose non-public personal financial information subject to applicable federal or state laws governing insurance companies. In the event of a conflict between this Policy and our Privacy Statement, if applicable, the Privacy Statement shall govern.
Collection of your Personal Information
Society strives to minimize the personal data that is collected about our website visitors. When we do collect personal data, it is data that you provide to us as described here, or data we collect by automated means as described below.
We may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us through the Site, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, physical address, e-mail address, or telephone number, such as when you:
- Fill out a form on the Site;
- Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Site;
- Sign-up to a feature that we offer on the Site and you provide your personal data in connection with that feature;
- Attend an event that we have organized; or
- Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email).
We also may gather additional information in the future. Customers may be asked to divulge information such as their legal name, address, phone number, e-mail address, Social Security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, credit card information, family member information, or other personal statements of fact.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. From time to time, we receive information about individuals from our third party service providers, affiliates, agents, social media services, and partners. Information that we collect from third parties will generally consist of publicly-available profile information (such as your preferences and interests), for example from public social media posts.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use personal data that you provide to us to respond to your inquiry, for example, to contact you about your request, ask a question, provide announcements about products and future events, conduct surveys, consider your application for employment, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services. We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights, and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we may also use the personal data you provide on our Site to:
- To operate and deliver the services you have requested;
- To provide customers with customer support, accurate quotes, underwrite and rate a
policy, process claims, ensure appropriate billing, or provide general service to your
- To inform you of other products or services available from Society Insurance and its affiliates;
- To resolve problems and disputes with the Application;
- To improve the Application and our services and products;
- To protect the security and integrity of the Application;
- To monitor compliance with this Policy and other applicable terms;
- To prevent fraud, protect our business, and to otherwise fulfill our legal obligations;
- If necessary, to notify you about changes to the Application or to any products or services we offer;
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you offer your consent.
From time to time, Society Insurance may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Society Insurance will not sell, trade, or rent any personal information about you to companies or organizations outside of Society Insurance except as permitted by law. Society Insurance may share personal information with trusted partners to help us operate our business. For example, our service providers help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. We may also share personal information with:
- Our affiliates, independent brokers, and insurance agents;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of or during a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets or equity, whether as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information is among the assets transferred; or
- With your consent.
Society Insurance may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Society Insurance or the Application; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Society Insurance; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Society Insurance, or the public.
Security of your Personal Information
Society Insurance maintains technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to protect the security of your personal information. We restrict access to personal information about you to employees who need to know that information, and we also inform our employees about the need to protect your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Application cannot be guaranteed.
How Long We Keep Information
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to any applicable legal requirements, we typically retain personal data as follows:
- Personal data you provide to us through our Site: we keep this personal data for as long as necessary in order to respond to your request, and for a short further period in case you send us further requests.
- Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out or we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time.
- Personal data collected for analytics purposes: we keep this personal data for a short period of time necessary for us to carry out the analytics.
- Website logs: we keep Site audit logs, which may contain your personal data, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Cookies. If you do not wish us to place cookies, you may set your browser to refuse some cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do so, please note that some parts of the Application may then be inaccessible or may not function properly. Information on deleting or controlling cookies can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
Opt-Out. You may contact us by e-mail or as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below to exercise your right to opt out of receiving future marketing communications from us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such request in a timely manner.
Changes to this Policy
Society Insurance reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your account, by placing a prominent notice on our Application, and/or by updating any privacy information.
Your continued use of the Application after such modifications will constitute your: (a) acknowledgment of the modified Policy; and (b) agreement to abide and be bound by that Policy.
External Websites or Applications
This Application contains a number of links to other sites. Society Insurance is not responsible for the security or privacy practices of these sites, the products or services offered by these sites, or the content appearing at these sites. Society Insurance does not endorse any of the products or services marketed at these other sites.
Society Insurance welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Policy. If you believe that Society Insurance has not adhered to this Policy, please contact Society Insurance at:
150 Camelot Drive
Fond du lac, Wisconsin 54935
Effective as of September 1, 2022