Society’s insurance case studies are real-life stories, explaining complex business situations from start to finish. These stories detail how business owners and insurance companies work together to overcome unique and unexpected challenges.
In this case study, an accident caused by a customer resulted in serious employee injuries and significant property damage.
At about 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, a patron was leaving a pub in southeastern Wisconsin. Intending to pull straight out of his parking stall, he accidentally put his vehicle into reverse and accelerated, backing into the building and caving in the wall. Meanwhile, inside the pub, an employee was serving drinks from behind the bar, which is near a cooking area with a broaster. Suddenly, scalding hot grease erupted from the broaster, splashing everything nearby. The vehicle had hit the wall that contained the cooking equipment, causing serious injuries to the pub employee and significant damage to the building.
CLICK HERE for complete details on what happened next.
More Insurance Case Studies:
- Recovering from Downtime with Business Interruption Insurance
- Workers Compensation: Taking Care of People and Claims
- Protecting Your Bottom Line with Prompt Claims Reporting
- Minimizing Losses with Risk Management
- Recovering Money and Lowering Insurance Premiums
- Ensuring an Accurate Final Premium
To find out how Society can help your business, visit societyinsurance.com to find an agent and request a free quote.